Garden Bench Access Statement
Garden Bench is a detached 1920's bungalow, that has been competely renovated to provide accessible self catering accommodation. The bungalow has complete level access through a private drive with private parking.
Outside Garden Bench
- The bungalow is in a quiet location close to a sports field where the occasional cricket and football matches take place.
- On arrival there is off road parking in the drive of the property. The drive is wider to the front of the property, we recommend you park there, you are almost at the front door, which is on the side of the property.
- Outside Garden Bench there is an enclosed private rear garden with large level patio area with outdoor furniture and a small open front garden. Both areas are lawned.
- A small garage is available for charging scooters and power chairs.
- A key safe is next to the conservatory on the wall, just by the gates where you can retrieve your key.
- There are no steps on entering just a small threshold to keep the rain out.
Inside Garden Bench
- Garden Bench is completely level with no ramps or steps anywhere inside the building.
- The outside door has a clear access of 780 cm (30.5 inches) and all internal doors are 870 cm (34 inches).
- All lights and plugs are situated in an easy reach position
- The open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area has plenty of turning space with an electric riser/recliner chair and two two-seater sofas.
- To allow maximum turning space the dining table and chairs are folding with the chairs stored under.
- Wall mounted flatscreen television with DVD player and a remote control.
- The open plan fitted kitchen has lowered work surface at the hob and sink with wheel in open space under.
- The electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge are all easily accessed.
- The small conservatory has a small lip to the patio area - this can be avoided by using the front door to access the garden.
- The master bedroom comes with electric foot and head riser beds that work independently and can be made up as a twin or superking - requirements must be written on booking form. All beds supplied with duvets and pillows and made ready for your arrival. Beds are 560 mm (22 inches high)
- Garden Bench, second bedroom, has three beds - 2 standard single beds. 580 mm (23 inches high) and one profiling / carers bed, which is height adjustable, as well as with foot and head risers. This bed has adjustable bed rails fitted which you can raise or lower to suit.
- The fully accessible wet room is completely level, the controls on the shower are easily reached.
- The toilet has drop down hand rails either side and space for lateral transfer.
- The toilet is a normal standard height toilet, 420mm (16.5 inches) and a seperate raised toilet seat (with and wthout a frame) is available.
- The wash hand basin is on a gas cylinder which means it can be raised or lowered into a comfortable position for washing.
- Our beds and the electric riser/recliner chair can only take a maximum of 21 stone (133 kg) in weight and the electric hoist 18 stone (114kg) if you need reinforced beds, chairs etc – then we are sorry but we are unable to accommodate you at this time.
- Garden Bench is able to offer guests a range of accessible equipment to make each stay more comfortable and enjoyable if required, from portable hoists (bring own sling) to monkey poles, wheelchairs, shower chairs, walking frames and walkers.
- We are able to accept dogs in Garden Bench - please see our seperate booking form therefore we can not confirm that the property is free of animal hair.
- There is no land line in the Cottage and we recommend you bring a mobile phone with you.
- We are completely non smoking and ask that you refrain from smoking in the grounds as it bothers other guests.