Little Bench Access Statement
Little Bench is one of a pair of semi-detached bungalows, purpose built in 2001 under the then National Accessibility Scheme guide lines with complete level access through a private drive with parking.
Outside Little Bench
- The bungalows back on to a sports field where the occasional cricket and football matches take place.
- On arrival there are two painted parking bays at the top of the private drive with turning space opposite your holiday home. If you need to park right outside your door you may do so to unload but please park in bay as soon as possible, so access is left for both cottages.
- Outside Little Bench there is a shared seating area with 2 sets of outdoor furniture.
- A small outbuilding is available for charging scooters and power chairs and holds a shared tumble drier.
- A key safe is on the wall by the front door.
- There are no steps on entering just a small threshold to keep the rain out.
Inside Little Bench
- Little Bench is completely level with no ramps or steps anywhere inside the building.
- The outside door has a clear access of 775mm (31 1/2 inches) and all internal doors are 890 mm (35 inches).
- All lights and plugs are situated in an easy reach position
- The open plan lounge and dining area has plenty of turning space with an electric riser/recliner chair and 2 seater sofa.
- To allow maximum turning space the dining table and chairs are folding with the chairs stored under.
- Wall mounted flatscreen television with DVD player and a remote control.
- The open plan fitted kitchen has lowered work surface at the hob and sink with wheel in open space under. Dual height worktops - 920 mm (36 inches) and 795 mm (31inches)
- The electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge are all easily accessed.
- The master bedroom comes with electric foot and head riser beds that work independently and can be made up as a twin or superking - requirements must be written on booking form. All beds supplied with duvets and pillows and made ready for your arrival.
- Master bedroom beds are 560 mm heigh (22 inches) and a maximum weight of 21 stone (133kg).
- The fully accessible wet room is completely level, the controls on the shower are easily reached.
- The toilet has drop down hand rails either side and space for lateral transfer. Hand rail height 735mm (29 inches)
- The toilet is higher than a normal toilet - 490mm high (19 inches)
- The wash hand basin is on a gas cylinder which means it can be raised or lowered into a comfortable position for washing.
- Our beds and the electric riser/recliner chair can only take a maximum of 21 stone (133kg) in weight and the electric hoist 18 stone, (114kg) if you need reinforced beds, chairs etc – then we are sorry but we are unable to accommodate you at this time.
- Little Bench is able to offer guests a range of accessible equipment to make each stay more comfortable and enjoyable if required, from portable hoists (bring own sling) to monkey poles, wheelchairs, shower chairs, walking frames and walkers.
- We are unable to accept dogs in Little Bench but we can not confirm that the property is free of animal hair - sometimes the property is visited by a local cat.
- There is no land line in the Cottage and we recommend you bring a mobile phone with you.
- We are completely non smoking and ask that you refrain from smoking in the grounds as it bothers other guests.